visa HUA HIN

staying in paradise city ...

Living in Hua Hin

visa The topic of visas to Thailand and extensions can quite often be extremely confusing to those who are looking to relocate. Even expats who have been here a number of years get bogged down with terminology and debates can rage about what is and isn't allowed and how to satisfy immigration requirements to obtain the desired visa.

The bottom line is that the visa rules change on an almost monthly basis and vary from province to province, and office to office so whatever is written on the internet is likely to have changed by the time you read it.

For the current and latest requirements and experiences at Hua Hin immigration take a look at the Hua Hin visa forum.

We go into more detail about some of these visas in the following pages and hope that the explanations will help you decide which visa is most suitable for you.

Read more about Visa Types »

Immigration and overstay

You will normally find Immigration Offices to be friendly and helpful and a couple of useful contact details are :

Bangkok Immigration:

Government Centre Chaeng Wattana Building B, Nr 120; Moo 3; Chaeng Wattana Road Soi 7; Tung Song Hong Sundistrict; Laksi; Bangkok 10210. In reality, you will have no dealings with the above office if resident in Hua Hin as all regional offices are decentralised now.

Hua Hin Immigration.
Hua Hin (Singkorn) Immigration Office - Tel 032 513574
Address: Soi 23, Hua Hin (next to Queen's Park - 19 Rai).

Always remember to dress smartly and behave politely at any Immigration Office, Embassy or consulate. The approval of your visa/extension is always at the discretion of the Immigration Officer.

If you happen to overstay your visa, there is a set fine of 500 Baht per day that you are late in getting to immigration, up to a maximum fine of 20,000 Baht. Immigration Offices will not normally cause you too much trouble as long as you pay the fine. If you don't, or can't, you'll be arrested. The office will view the situation as one where you've "turned yourself in" and you will receive an overstay stamp in your passport. Naturally, the longer you overstay, the worse it looks and the rule of thumb here is simple -  don't do it. There are no excuses (even if you're hospitalised).

NOTE: whilst Immigration Offices usually are genial enough about an overstay, if you have to produce your passport to any Immigration or police officer before you get to the border/airport, you will be arrested, detained locally until transferred to the Immigration Detention Centre in Bangkok and only released from there after you've paid your overstay plus a large separate fine and bought a one-way ticket back to your home country. You will then be escorted to the airport and deported. There is also the risk of being "black-listed" and not being able to visit Thailand again for number of years, or maybe forever. Again, it's just not worth the risk to overstay. Remain legal.

For those who have annual extensions to longer term visas and who only have to report to immigration every 90 days (rather then cross a border), you can make this report within 7 days either side of the stipulted date. If you are more then 7 days late in doing so, there is a standard, one-off fine of 2,000 Baht and an additional 500 Baht per day. Again, don't be late.

If you have any questions on visa matters, visit out Hua Hin Visa Forum. We have a number of members who will be happy to give you advice where they can.

Hua Hin immigration

Hua Hin (Singkorn) Immigration Office - Tel 032 513574
Address: Soi 23, Hua Hin (next to Queen's Park - 19 Rai).

Read more about Hua Hin immigration »




tourism hua hin  HHAD Bangsaphan HHBD Khao Takiab  Guesthouses Hua Hin Map
Media Accommodation hua hin taxi Hua Hin Golf developments Ban Krut 
link to us
© This website, all of its written content, and many of the images therein are copyright Medianet Asia Co., Ltd.
In accordance with the 1998 The Digital Millennium Copyright Act any parties found duplicating content from this website will be subject to legal action.